Is this year the year you take better care of yourself your skin and your health?
Then I say good for you and I am with you all the way!
There is never a better time to hit reset than January, and I want to share this list of the top 5 things you can do right now that will improve your skin, health and over all happiness.
My Top 5 Pivots for 2021 for Better Skin and Over All Wellness
These are all things I do myself and am very grateful for the opportunity to be able to share these with you and I am grateful we have access to the right products, nutrition and clean water here in Australia to make these 5 pivots, super easy and affordable for all of us.
1. Collagen Supplement - I know I sound like a broken record but I have not yet had one person ever say they didn't get great results from starting on a collagen peptide supplement. It improves your skin, hair, nails and joints and the good brands start around $59 a month.
2. Sleep - Creating a sleep ritual is so important, the sleep you need so desperately for overall health wellness and lets face it sanity, is reliant on a quality sleep not just quantity. I go to bed by 9pm at lease 3-4 nights a week and up by 6 so its approx 8 hours. I read for 30minutes before lights out and have a herbal tea around 7-8. Magnesium is a great product to have beside the bed to settle muscles and release tension. You spray it on your legs or rub in on your feet. Lavender is also good to pop a couple of drops on your pillow or with a carrier oil on the soles of your feet. I also think great linen helps, cotton, bamboo or linen and avoid synthetics.
3. Skincare - Re analyse your skincare routine - what was working for you last year, last decade, last Millennium, may not be right for you now. Not only has your skin changed, but the advances in ingredients and efficacy is changing by the day. As we age we need more hydration, our natural levels of hyaluronic acid drop along with the reduction of collagen and elastin. If you are over 40 a serum is a must and if you are over 50 a facial oil at night is a must and don't forget a weekly mask or treatment.
4. Facial Massage - Gua Sha, rollers, vibration wants - these are all incredible for product penetrations, tension release, increasing facial circulation and lymphatic drainage. Plus they are so enjoyable and allow you to take a small amount of time for a little self care.
5. Food - Avocados, Olive Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Nuts - Remember everything you eat is either great for your skin, neutral for your skin or bad for you skin. So try to make every meal or snack count towards the good for scale. Sugar and processed foods has been proven to been ageing, while foods rich in fatty acids are so good for skin especially Avocados, Olive oil and Nuts. Keep these on hand and integrate them into your meals - and of course drink plenty of clean filtered water.
To help you get started I have a 2021 SKIN PIVOT COLLECTION, I have added all our collagen supplements, facial tools and my favourite skincare packs to make it easy for you. Remember I am always here to answer any questions and if I don't have the answer all our amazing brands are incredibly helpful.